So it's been a little while since we posted anything and that's because we have been busy! Last Tuesday we packed up our tiny apartment, loaded it all up in the moving truck, ate dinner with some friends, and slept our last night in our first place in sleeping bags on the floor. All I can say is that now I know why people shell out the big bucks to move. It's terrible. We awoke Wednesday and headed to Memphis. Thankfully it was just a few steps inside our new place and less issues with stairs to climb as we unloaded. We got everything inside in about 2 hours, which I thought was pretty darn good. Then we headed to Central BBQ for some dinner before coming home and trying to make the house livable for at least a night. We left Thursday for the lake and spent the Fourth with MM's parents and brother and his wife (and their "peanut"). It was a good time for most with the exception of my shoulders (sunburn.....oh yea...). Sunday we headed back to our new home in Memphis to prepare for MM's first day of real work! Yee haw! I got to spend the day being lazy and making a trek across town to the nearest branch of our bank. We ate some Mexican food for dinner, my favorite, and then went home and watched Yes Man. It was alright.
Then Tuesday I began my trek back down to Jackson as I continue to work on finishing my schoolwork. It's a bummer. I hate driving. I hate sleeping in unfamiliar places. I hate being away from my wife. Oh well. Tomorrow I head back to Memphis for the weekend. I pray for the Lord's protection and strength. It is difficult to be in this position and frustrating as well. Adding to this discomfort is my final project for school that is due next Friday. Yikes. Definitely waiting till the last minute on this one, but I have lost movtivation.....and I'm not sure I'll find it. Oh well, enough rambling and griping. I know that in the end we are blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment